Monday, September 21, 2015

Sailor's Cove: A Tale from Prosperity Glades [Book Review]

Genre: Horror
Year Published: 2015
Length: 122 (digital) pages
Written by Franklin E. Wales

Rating: 5+ Skulls

Plot Summary:
Like many small towns, Prosperity Glades keeps its dark secrets hidden away from the prying eyes of outsiders.
The Sailor’s Cove Private Resort is one such secret.
Built in the nineteen fifties, at great expense, its doors never opened to the public.
Over the years, memories of its existence faded away, just as the iron fence surrounding the property disappeared under decades of overgrown vines and greenery.
In fear for his life, Garrick Houston was looking for a safe haven, off the radar, and Prosperity Glades seemed an ideal choice.
It might have been, had he not learned the truth about Sailor’s Cove.

Review:
When I woke up, yesterday morning, I had an e-mail waiting from Mr. Wales - "something new for my e-reader..."

Now, I am already in the middle of another book, however last night, while my wife was watching the Emmy's, out of curiosity, I figured that I would just check out Mr. Wales' latest tale, see what it was about - this was a huge mistake (not really!) as I was immediately sucked into  Wales' "Tale from Prosperity Glades".

I had an idea from Wales' epigraph (I always love those!) of what this story was going to be about, and I was not disappointed!

A little backstory:
(which you will learn about in the Introduction to this book)
It turns out that Prosperity Glades is a small, Floridian town created by another author by the name of Jeffrey Kosh (a name that I have heard, but never read) Mr. Wales has set his tale within Kosh's fictional town, and I believe that the town is better for it. (I am sure that those who have read Kosh's stories, set in this town, will be thrilled by Wales' addition to it.)

Just remember that I warned you - make sure that you have some extra time on your hands before you read this one.
I devoured it in one sitting, albeit late into the night... (I can't even remember the last time that I did that)
It is time well spent!

Jason

No comments: